Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 409 Kitāb al-Kashf wa-al-bayān. Īḍāḥ al-rumūz fī al-burhān. / كتاب الكشف والبيان. ايضاح الرموز في البرهان
TitleKitāb al-Kashf wa-al-bayān. Īḍāḥ al-rumūz fī al-burhān.
كتاب الكشف والبيان. ايضاح الرموز في البرهان
Other related names
- Aga Khan, Sadruddin, Prince, 1933-2003, former owner
Call numberLJS 409
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957840863503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1600 and 1799?
Two brief alchemical works written by a father for his son. Encoded alphabets are used occasionally in the manuscript, and a key is included (f. 3r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (p. 349).
Extent9 leaves : 152 x 105 mm. bound to 157 x 109 mm
CollationPaper, i (later paper) + 9 + i (later paper); 1⁹; 348-365, pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingCracked brown leather folder.
Drawing in red and black ink of laboratory equipment, including mortar and pestle, furnace, and glass containers (f. 9v); rubrications in red.
- Ownership stamp (f. 9v).
- Formerly owned by Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan; sold at auction as part of his collection at Piasa (Paris), 7 June 1999.
- Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, Mar. 2001.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Alchemy--Early works to 1800
- Islamic magic--Early works to 1800
- Islamic magic
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 17th century
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Early works
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 409: Kitāb al-Kashf wa-al-bayān. Īḍāḥ al-rumūz fī al-burhān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 9v — Drawing, Alchemical equipment, f. 9v
Inside front cover
0208_0001.tif (22.4 MB)
0208_0001_thumb.jpg (3.6 KB)
0208_0001_web.jpg (285.2 KB)
0208_0021.tif (22.4 MB)
0208_0021_thumb.jpg (5.6 KB)
0208_0021_web.jpg (304.7 KB)
Decoration: Drawing, Alchemical equipment, f. 9v