Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 460 Gathering from Ikhtiṣār lil-maqālāt min kitāb Uqlīdis.
TitleGathering from Ikhtiṣār lil-maqālāt min kitāb Uqlīdis.
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 460
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9948056223503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
From a parent manuscript (LJS 37) written in Fatimid Egypt, Iraq, or Syria, between A.H. Jumādá al-Ūlá and Ramaḍān 502 (Dec. 1108-April 1109).
- A.H. 502 (1108-1109)
Egypt, Iraq, or Syria
One gathering, perhaps partial, from an abridgment in Arabic of Euclid's Elements, written on paper.
- Ms. gathering.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent8 leaves : 188 x 100 (145 x 60) mm
CollationPaper, 8 ; 1⁸.
- From a parent manuscript (LJS 37) that was in Persia in the 18th century.
- LJS 460 sold at auction at Christie's, 17 Oct. 2003, lot 407, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Geometry--Early works to 1800
- Mathematics, Greek
- Manuscripts, Arabic--12th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 460: Gathering from Ikhtiṣār lil-maqālāt min kitāb Uqlīdis. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.