Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 502 Fragment from De mysteriis
TitleFragment from De mysteriis
- Ambrose, Saint, Bishop of Milan, -397
Call numberLJS 502
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967904263503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Leaf from a copy of Ambrose's De mysteriis, a collection of didactic Holy Week addresses to the newly baptized, copied in transitional script in the late 11th or early 12th century. Trimmed and used in a binding, the text on the verso side has been damaged by the use of an adhesive. The fragment has 30 lines, but the top of the leaf has been trimmed with loss of text. Initials touched with red.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 195 x 165 mm
- Deposit by Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2015.
- Sacraments--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--11th century
- Manuscripts, Latin--12th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 11th century
- 12th century
- Collection of Sermons
- Church Fathers
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 502: Fragment from De mysteriis are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.