Collection ID: 0006 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Rendel Harris 30 Šḥīmō
- J. Rendel Harris Collection (Quaker & Special Collections, Haverford College)
Other related names
- Yaʻqūb, Priest, active 1860, former owner
- Harris, J. Rendel 1852-1941, former owner
Call numberRendel Harris 30
(Haverford, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris)
LanguageChiefly Syriac (
Western rite liturgical texts for each day of the week, begins and ends abruptly; main body of the Šḥīmō in Syriac; additional liturgies and prayers in Arabic Garshuni, including funeral and baptism liturgies, (f. 231r-286r, 289v-293v); Church calendar in Arabic Garshuni for 1794-1843 (f. 286v-289r); some leaves pasted over.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Syriac cataloging assistance provided by Joshua Mugler.
ExtentIv, 303 leaves: 132 x 70 (113 x 60) mm bound to 137 x 80 mm
FoliationFoliation in pencil added 1-42; 42[a]-154, unnumbered leaf, 155-220, unnumbered leaf, 221-291, 282-293 [= 292-303], upper left recto; catchwords each verso, lower left.
BindingRed leather over pasteboard; blind-stamped frame with diamond-shape inside frame both of twisted rope motif, with four leaf-shapes centered together in the diamond.
Textblock ruled in double red; headings set off by rules; rubrications in red.
- Formerly owned by the priest Yaʻqūb in 1860 (f. 230v).
- Formerly owned by J. Rendel Harris.
- Syriac language--Texts
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts, Syriac
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- These images and the content of Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 30: Šḥīmō are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 30: Šḥīmō. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Inside front cover — Description of manuscript
Inside front cover
9406_0001.tif (27.9 MB)
9406_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
9406_0001_web.jpg (316.4 KB)
Decoration: Description of manuscript
9406_0010.tif (27.9 MB)
9406_0010_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
9406_0010_web.jpg (380.4 KB)
9406_0476.tif (27.9 MB)
9406_0476_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
9406_0476_web.jpg (442.9 KB)
Section: [Funeral and baptism liturgies]