Collection ID: 0006 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Rendel Harris 53 Ḥūdrā. / [ܚܘܕܪܐ]
- J. Rendel Harris Collection (Quaker & Special Collections, Haverford College)
Other related names
- ʼEliyā, active 1677, scribe
- Harris, J. Rendel 1852-1941, former owner
Call numberRendel Harris 53
(Haverford, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris)
Eastern Syriac rite including liturgical prayers for various feasts and Sundays; begins abruptly; many prayers attributed to Eliyá III, Catholicos of the Church of the East (died 1190); also includes a prayer for the lack of rain (f. 100v-101v). Many pages repaired along top and gutter.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Syriac cataloging assistance provided by Joshua Mugler.
ExtentIv stubs, xvi, 125, ii leaves : 200 x 145 (153 x 91) mm bound to 208 x 150 mm
FoliationPartial pagination [1-139] in Hindu-Arabic numerals in ink, bottom, center; Modern foliation in pencil added, upper left recto. References in the record are to the modern foliation.
BindingModern cardboard with mottled grey and green sides; red spine.
Textblock ruled in double red; rubrications in red; text division decorative markers in red and black (for example, f. 6v, 97v-98r).
- Formerly owned by J. Rendel Harris.
- Church of the East--Liturgy--Texts
- Church of the East--Prayers and devotions
- Hymns, Syriac--Early works to 1800
- Syriac language--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts, Syriac
- Manuscripts, 17th century
- These images and the content of Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 53: Ḥūdrā. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 53: Ḥūdrā.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [Ḥūdrā].
Inside front cover
9478_0001.tif (67.9 MB)
9478_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
9478_0001_web.jpg (246.9 KB)
Decoration: Description of manuscript
Decoration: Library donation tag
9478_0042.tif (67.9 MB)
9478_0042_thumb.jpg (7.2 KB)
9478_0042_web.jpg (341.9 KB)