Collection ID: 0006 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Rendel Harris 61 Silāḥ al-dīn wa-turs al-yaqīn. / ܣܠܐܚ ܐܠܕܝܢ ܘܬܪܣ ܐܠܝܩܝܢ
TitleSilāḥ al-dīn wa-turs al-yaqīn.
ܣܠܐܚ ܐܠܕܝܢ ܘܬܪܣ ܐܠܝܩܝܢ
- Shemʻūn II, Mafrian of Ṭur ʻAbdin, approximately 1670-1740
- J. Rendel Harris Collection (Quaker & Special Collections, Haverford College)
Other related names
- Harris, J. Rendel 1852-1941, former owner
Call numberRendel Harris 61
(Haverford, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris)
LanguageArabic Garshuni (
An extensive theological treatise supporting the truth of the theological position of the Syrian Orthodox Church in relation to the Church of the East and the Catholic Church.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from page 1.
- Syriac cataloging assistance provided by Joshua Mugler and Grigory Kessel.
WatermarkHalf moon with face in a shield (Abū Shubbāk).
Extent148 paginated leaves : 240 x 165 (180 x 120) mm bound to 240 x 170 mm
FoliationContemporary pagination (1-296) in Hindu-Arabic numerals in ink, upper outer corners; catchwords every verso, lower center.
BindingFlower-printed textile over pasteboard; covers detached.
Rubrications in red; sets of red and black dots punctuate text; illuminated headpiece in black and red (p. 1) simple black finispiece (p. 2) with a red drawing (p. 2) and simple black line headpiece (p. 3).
- Formerly owned by J. Rendel Harris.
- Syrian Orthodox Church
- Church of the East
- Catholic Church
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, Syriac
- Manuscripts, 19th century
- These images and the content of Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 61: Silāḥ al-dīn wa-turs al-yaqīn. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 61: Silāḥ al-dīn wa-turs al-yaqīn.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- 1 — Silāḥ al-dīn wa-turs al-yaqīn
Inside front cover
9475_0001.tif (87.2 MB)
9475_0001_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
9475_0001_web.jpg (159.7 KB)
Decoration: Library donation tag
9475_0005.tif (87.2 MB)
9475_0005_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
9475_0005_web.jpg (310.6 KB)
Section: Silāḥ al-dīn wa-turs al-yaqīn
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece
9475_0006.tif (87.2 MB)
9475_0006_thumb.jpg (6.8 KB)
9475_0006_web.jpg (292.0 KB)
Decoration: Simple illuminated finispiece
9475_0007.tif (87.2 MB)
9475_0007_thumb.jpg (7.1 KB)
9475_0007_web.jpg (333.2 KB)
Decoration: Simple illuminated headpiece
9475_0310.tif (7.7 MB)
9475_0310_thumb.jpg (8.8 KB)
9475_0310_web.jpg (378.1 KB)
Decoration: Abū Shubbāk (lower half)