Collection ID: 0006 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Rendel Harris 62 al-Tawrāt. / ܐܠܬܘܪܐܬ
- J. Rendel Harris Collection (Quaker & Special Collections, Haverford College)
Other related names
- Harris, J. Rendel 1852-1941, former owner
Call numberRendel Harris 62
(Haverford, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris)
LanguageArabic Garshuni (
First five books of the Old Testament in Arabic translation, written in Arabic Garshuni (Arabic in Syriac letters).
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from f. 1v.
- Syriac cataloging assistance provided by Joshua Mugler and Grigory Kessel.
Extent246 leaves : 208 x 150 (165 x 100) mm bound to 210 x 150
FoliationModern foliation in pencil added, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingPasteboard with paper sides; fabric reinforcement around spine edges; red and blue endbands with long, braided ends; spine missing. Numerous notations on both outside covers. Title on bottom edge in Arabic.
Simple headpiece decoration in red and black (f. 1v); rubrications in red.
- Formerly owned by J. Rendel Harris.
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, Syriac
- Manuscripts, 19th century
- These images and the content of Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 62: al-Tawrāt. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Haverford College, Quaker and Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Quaker and Special Collections, Rendel Harris Rendel Harris 62: al-Tawrāt.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — al-Tawrāt.
Inside front cover
9477_0001.tif (79.8 MB)
9477_0001_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
9477_0001_web.jpg (278.0 KB)
Decoration: Brief description of manuscript
9477_0011.tif (79.8 MB)
9477_0011_thumb.jpg (7.4 KB)
9477_0011_web.jpg (377.1 KB)
Decoration: Simple illuminated headpiece
Inside back cover
9477_0504.tif (79.8 MB)
9477_0504_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
9477_0504_web.jpg (344.3 KB)
Decoration: Library donation tag