Collection ID: 0012 | Metadata type: TEI | |
961.F.5d Qurʼan. Sūrat al-ikhlāṣ / قرآن. سورة الإخلاص
TitleQurʼan. Sūrat al-ikhlāṣ / قرآن. سورة الإخلاص
Other related names
- DuSimitiere, Pierre Eugene, ca. 1736-1784, former owner (http://viaf.org/viaf/95802241)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Library Company, Library Company, Library Company of Philadelphia| Print Department| DuSimitiere)
According to a note on the recto: "the above was written in my presence by a negro m[a]nding[o] at Leoganne in January 1773 DuSimitiere"; written in January 1773
Léogâne (now Haiti)
A copy of Sūrat al-Ikhlāṣ (112) written on one line. The spelling is largely phonetic.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- DuSimitiere, a Swiss-born historian, antiquarian, and artist, traveled and documented North America and the West Indies from the 1750s to 1770s. He settled in Philadelphia in 1774, and in 1782 opened the American Museum, which contained his collected antiquities.
Extent1 leaf; 60 x 290 mm
- Purchase at auction, DuSimitiere's American Museum, March 10, 1785.
- Mandingo (African people) -- Religion
- Haiti -- Leoganne
- These images and the content of Library Company 961.F.5d: Qurʼan. Sūrat al-ikhlāṣ / قرآن. سورة الإخلاص are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, The Library Company of Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Library Company 961.F.5d: Qurʼan. Sūrat al-ikhlāṣ / قرآن. سورة الإخلاص. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Qurʼān. Sūrat al-ikhlās