Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis O 75 Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ. / [ديوان حافظ]
- Ḥāfiẓ, active 14th century
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
Other related names
- Ḥayāt Allāh Khān Bahādur, active 1739, former owner
حيات الله خان بهادر،
- Macan, Turner, 1792-1836, former owner
- Buck, Mitchell S. 1887-1959, former owner
- Zucker, Hyman, binder
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, Anne Baker, 1868-1937, donor
Call numberLewis O 75
(Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, Rare Book Department)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Copy of a collection of Ḥāfiẓ's poetry with no preface.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Two bookplates and a card pasted into front inside cover; a note of ownership in Persian in ink on page 1 and poems by that owner's son, ʻAbd Allāh, written onto the last leaf (p. 428).
ExtentIi, 213, ii leaves : 275 x 165 (213 x 100) mm bound to 280 x 175 mm
FoliationModern pagination added in pencil, lower outer corners; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingRebound in 1918 by H. Zucker of Philadelphia in red leather with gold tooled spine, turn-ins, border and frame with gold-tooled flowers in the corners and centered along each side between the border and the frame; Hafiz is gold-stamped on the spine; plain brown pastedowns.
Illuminated headpiece in gold with green, purple and blue flowers (p. 2); each page is border-ruled in gold, red, and blue with the page-opening ruled in blue; the columns are divided by double gold rules.
- Formely owned by Ḥayāt Allāh Khān Bahādur in the 20th year of Muḥammad Shāh Pādishāh's reign (=1739) (note in ink p. 1).
- Formerly owned by Turner Macan (bookplate inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by Mitchell S. Buck (bookplate inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Manuscripts, Persian--18th century
- Manuscripts, Oriental--18th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Illuminations (painting)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 75: Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 75: Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- 2 — [Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ].
Inside front cover
9522_0001.tif (103.6 MB)
9522_0001_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
9522_0001_web.jpg (420.6 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate: "Turner Macan"
Decoration: Bookplate: "Mitchell S. Buck"
9522_0008.tif (103.6 MB)
9522_0008_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
9522_0008_web.jpg (250.1 KB)
Decoration: Owner's notations
9522_0009.tif (103.6 MB)
9522_0009_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
9522_0009_web.jpg (387.1 KB)
Section: [Dīvān-i Ḥāfiẓ].
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece
9522_0435.tif (103.6 MB)
9522_0435_thumb.jpg (6.1 KB)
9522_0435_web.jpg (325.4 KB)
Inside back cover
9522_0442.tif (103.6 MB)
9522_0442_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
9522_0442_web.jpg (433.9 KB)