Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
X892.5 Av3 N22 Yasna, with the Sanskrit translation of Neryosangh
TitleYasna, with the Sanskrit translation of Neryosangh
Other related names
- Nairiū-saṅgh, translator
- Pavri, Manchergji Barzoji, donor
- Jackson, A. V. Williams 1862-1937, associated name
Call numberX892.5 Av3 N22
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University, Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- bibid: ocn745032196
- between 1700 and 1896?
- Disbound; most pages have extensive old repairs with paper tape around edges, partially obscuring some letters.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- The Geldner citation reads as follows (diacritics omitted): S1(= Surat) Yasna with the Sanskrit translation of Neryosangh. Excellent old Ms., of great independence and accuracy. The peculiar style of the writing is not always uniform, it often resembles the ordinary type of script. The scribe appears accordingly to have imitated, but not consistently, the style of writing of the Ms. before him. The first three leaves are wanting; the Ms. begins with asasunam.frauu in Y. 1,6. In Y.26 the antecedent Ms. appears to have had a gap. The Ms. breaks off with azi in Y. 46,19, the rest is lost. The remainder of the Sanskrit translation has been supplied by a hand that is quite modern. The entire Ms. has later been paged with Devanagari numbers; last leaf is 160, 12 1/4; 91/8 in. The Ms. is not bound; the margin is much damaged and patched; the middle of the leaves is well preserved. The owner of the Ms., as I subsequently learned, is the Mobed Mancherji Barzoji Powri.
Extent160 leaves ; 31 cm
- Gift of Mobed Mancherji Barzoji Powri,1902; accompanied by its mailing envelope, addressed to Prof. Jackson. First cataloged at Columbia by January 1926.
- Zoroastrianism--Rituals--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Avestan
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library X892.5 Av3 N22: Yasna, with the Sanskrit translation of Neryosangh are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library X892.5 Av3 N22: Yasna, with the Sanskrit translation of Neryosangh. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 10v — Example of divider between chapters
Insert 4 recto
10938_0003.tif (61.2 MB)
10938_0003_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
10938_0003_web.jpg (245.4 KB)
10938_0004.tif (89.6 MB)
10938_0004_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
10938_0004_web.jpg (375.9 KB)
Section: [Yasna, with the Sanskrit translation of Neryosangh]
10938_0017.tif (73.1 MB)
10938_0017_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
10938_0017_web.jpg (413.1 KB)
Decoration: Example of divider between chapters