Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 107 al-Juzʼ al-awwal. / الجزء الاول
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 107
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
[1085?] A.H.; MS Or. 94 from this set lists that date.
Turkey or Syria?
Section, incomplete at end, containing the bismillāh and first word of 1:1 to the final word of 2:134.
- Manuscript codex.
- One volume of a 30-part Qur'an of which RBML holds fifteen volumes under separate shelfmarks (see MS Or. 94 for the primary entry).
- Title from inscription (f. 1r).
Extent31 + 1 leaves : 205 x 150 (140 x 90) mm, bound to 205 x 160 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; occasional catchword on verso, lower left.
BindingIslamic binding. Full brown leather binding with blind tooling and central blind stamped mandorla. Fore-edge and envelope flap.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Islamic bindings (Binding)
- Full covers
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- Envelope flaps (features)
- Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 107: al-Juzʼ al-awwal. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 107: al-Juzʼ al-awwal.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — Al-Juzʾ al-awwal
Inside front cover
6901_0001.tif (53.2 MB)
6901_0001_thumb.jpg (5.9 KB)
6901_0001_web.jpg (354.6 KB)
6901_0004.tif (54.9 MB)
6901_0004_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
6901_0004_web.jpg (330.7 KB)
Section: Al-Juzʾ al-awwal