Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 146a Leaf from Yūsuf va Zulaykhā
TitleLeaf from Yūsuf va Zulaykhā
- Jāmī, 1414-1492
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 146a
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- between 1725 and 1825?
One leaf with a section of Jamī's poem Yūsuf va Zulaykhā. The leaf contains section 7 of the poem, about the Prophet Muḥammad's miʻrāj; couplets 4-17 on the recto, 19-25 on the verso with an illustration of the Prophet between verses 23 and 24.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- This leaf was formerly laid in with MS Or 146, a manuscript codex containing Tuḥfat al-mulūk.
Extent1 leaf : 220 x 140 (145 x 60) mm
FoliationUnfoliated; catchword on the verso, lower left.
Polychrome miniature of the Prophet (67 x 55 mm) in red, blue, yellow, green, brown and white (verso).
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Miniatures (paintings)
- Detached leaves
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 146a: Leaf from Yūsuf va Zulaykhā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 146a: Leaf from Yūsuf va Zulaykhā. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- Unnumbered recto — [Leaf from Yūsuf va Zulaykhā]
- Unnumbered recto — Painting