Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 206 al-Qurʼān. / [القرآن]
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 206
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
Colophon has been mostly scrubbed, though the nisbah Iṣfahānī is visible. Probably copied in the 17th or 18th century.
- between 1600 and 1799?
Iran or Syria?
Nearly complete copy of the Qurʼān, missing only al-Fātiḥah (1). Pagination (1-445 only) and short titles (all the way through) added in a later hand.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent224 leaves : 105 x 67 (80 x 38) mm, bound to 105 x 75 mm
BindingCopy retains only the back board and spine. The board is has a partial lacquer cover with fragmentary inscription inscription around a red frame. Green doublure with double gold frame.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 206: al-Qurʼān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 206: al-Qurʼān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- 3 — [al-Qurʼān].
6933_0000.tif (39.5 MB)
6933_0000_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
6933_0000_web.jpg (289.6 KB)