Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 238 Qurʼān leaves.
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 238
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University., Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- between 1700 and 1899?
Morocco or Algeria?
Leaves from a copy of the Qurʼān containing the last six words of verse 22 in Fuṣṣilat (41) to the third word of verse 22 in Dukhān (44).
- Manuscript codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Note written on front wrapper: "Complete copy of the Koran. Manuscript. Written about 1800 A.D. Had been 99 years in the Biskra mosque, since the French occupation."
Extent8 leaves : 250 x 182 (192 x 124) mm
SupportLaid paper with watermarks
BindingBrown paper wrapper, sewn as pamphlet.
Rubrications in red: sūrah headings, readings, some vocalization. Other blue and yellow dots also appear throughout.
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934.
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 238: Qurʼān leaves. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 238: Qurʼān leaves.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [Qurʾān leaves]
- Front Cover — Notation in English
6942_0000.tif (92.7 MB)
6942_0000_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
6942_0000_web.jpg (319.4 KB)
Decoration: Notation in English
Inside Front Cover
6942_0001.tif (91.7 MB)
6942_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
6942_0001_web.jpg (310.8 KB)
6942_0002.tif (91.0 MB)
6942_0002_thumb.jpg (7.1 KB)
6942_0002_web.jpg (330.8 KB)
Section: [Qurʾān leaves]