Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 323 Khordah Avesta.
Other related names
- Rustam Gushtāsp Ardashīr Gushtāsp, active 1726, scribe
رستم گشتاسپ اردشير گشتاسپ،
- Mobed Hormazdyar Mobed Khodabaksh, former owner
- Sorabji Framji Madan, former owner
- Mobed Framji Fardunji Madan, former owner
- Jamaspasa, Kaikhusroo, former owner
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 323
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University, Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
LanguageAvestan and Persian with some Pahlavi
Manuscript of the Khordeh Avesta containing Avestan texts, some with Pahlavi translation, including Jasa-me, Afsudan-i Gomez, Kem-na Mazda, Nirang Naxun Pahrez, Niyayesh 1 and 3, Afrin-i Dahman, Afrinagan-i Frawardigan, Afrinagan-i Gahambar, Siroza Yast 1, and Yasht 1. These are followed by two Persian texts.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title for first work supplied by cataloger; titles for subsequent works from caption titles (f. 88v, 152v.).
ExtentI, 174, i leaves : 194 x 140 (140 x 90) mm, bound to 197 x 140 mm
BindingUnstamped light brown leather over pasteboard; plain paper pastedowns. Cover is partially detached.
Rubrications in red.
- Gift of Dastur Kaikhusro JamaspAsa, 1901.
- Formerly owned by Sorabji Framji Madan (note, front flyleaf recto).
- Formerly owned by Mobed Hormazdyar Mobed Khodabaksh (note, back flyleaf recto).
- Formerly owned by Mobed Framji Fardunji Madan (provenance record in M.N. Dhalla, The Nyaishes or Zoroastrian Litanies, 1908).
- Pahlavi language--Texts
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, Avestan
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Early works
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 323: Khordah Avesta. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 323: Khordah Avesta.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Notations
Inside front cover
9685_0001.tif (52.2 MB)
9685_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
9685_0001_web.jpg (269.5 KB)
9685_0004.tif (50.5 MB)
9685_0004_thumb.jpg (7.1 KB)
9685_0004_web.jpg (347.4 KB)
9685_0005.tif (52.5 MB)
9685_0005_thumb.jpg (5.6 KB)
9685_0005_web.jpg (314.8 KB)
Section: [Khordah Avesta]
9685_0179.tif (54.9 MB)
9685_0179_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
9685_0179_web.jpg (314.6 KB)
Section: Ṣad Dar-i nas̲r
9685_0309.tif (51.7 MB)
9685_0309_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
9685_0309_web.jpg (350.3 KB)
Section: Dar z̲ikr-i muluk furus az Ardishīr Bābakān tā Yazdgird-i Shahriyār