Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 405 - GREY BOX Two Persian miniatures
TitleTwo Persian miniatures
Other related names
- Smith, David Eugene, 1860-1944, former owner
Call numberMS Or 405 - GREY BOX
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University, Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
Two miniatures both taken from the same manuscript, possibly one of the Naṣīḥatnāmah. The first miniature (dimensions 148 x 110 mm) depicts the king talking to a standing figure while four other figures sit in waiting. The second miniature (dimensions 120 x 115 mm) from chapter 13 of the text (on avoiding people who betray others) depicts the king conversing with a kneeling person in green while a second kneeling person in orange turns to say something to the two men standing behind him.
- Manuscript leaves.
- Note in English describing the leaves pasted to verso of first leaf.
Extent2 unfoliated leaves : 340 x 187 (252 x 115) mm
Textblock border-ruled in beige, black, red, blue with page-opening frame-rule in blue; rubrications in red; half-page illustrations in pastel colors (f. 1r, 2r).
- Gift of David Eugene Smith, 1931-1934. ("David Eugene Smith Library" stamp on verso.)
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Indic--Specimens
- Manuscripts, Persian--New York (State)--New York
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Miniatures (paintings)
- Detached leaves
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 405 - GREY BOX: Two Persian miniatures are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 405 - GREY BOX: Two Persian miniatures. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.