Collection ID: 0032 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS Or 484 Two illustrations from Qurʼānic stories.
TitleTwo illustrations from Qurʼānic stories.
Other related names
- Friedman, Harry G. 1881-1965, donor
Call numberMS Or 484
(New York, NY. 10027, Columbia University, Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
Two paintings mounted on card. The first illustrates Abraham sacrificing his son and the second is Joseph's brothers throwing him in a well; labels in Persian.
- Manuscript leaves.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent2 leaves : 247 x 150 mm
SupportColor illustrations mounted on card
Two full-page, polychrome illustrations with blue finials, border and frame rules in gold and black.
- Gift of Harry G. Friedman, Oct. 12, 1962.
- Qurʼan stories--Illustrations
- Manuscripts, Persian--New York (State)--New York
- Miniatures (paintings)
- Paintings (visual works)
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 484: Two illustrations from Qurʼānic stories. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 484: Two illustrations from Qurʼānic stories.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — [Two illustrations from Qurʼānic stories].
9529_0000.tif (70.5 MB)
9529_0000_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
9529_0000_web.jpg (325.6 KB)
Section: [Two illustrations from Qurʼānic stories].
Decoration: Illustration: Abraham sacrificing his son
9529_0002.tif (70.5 MB)
9529_0002_thumb.jpg (5.5 KB)
9529_0002_web.jpg (326.9 KB)
Decoration: Illustration: Joseph being thrown in a well