Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.FirstPresbyterianChurchPewRentBooks1800_Vol11 Pew rent books, 1799-1800, v. 11
TitlePew rent books, 1799-1800, v. 11
- First Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/139528580)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
- local-identifier: V MI46 P477px v. 11
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents owed and paid to First Presbyterian from 1799 to 1800. Entries are listed by pew number and congregant name, with dates and amounts paid, and they span two pages, verso and recto.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Church finance
- Church records and registers
- Pews and pew rights
- Presbyterian Church
- First Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Account books
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.FirstPresbyterianChurchPewRentBooks1800_Vol11: Pew rent books, 1799-1800, v. 11 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.FirstPresbyterianChurchPewRentBooks1800_Vol11: Pew rent books, 1799-1800, v. 11. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.