Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons009 Gilbert Tennent sermons 9, "De Baptismo, sermon 2," 1743 or 1744
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 9, "De Baptismo, sermon 2," 1743 or 1744
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. This sermon, which Tennent preached in 1743 or 1744, is an expansion upon his previous sermon "De Baptismo" (On baptism). First he addresses some objections against baptism, then he goes on to discuss the "mode or maner [manner]" of baptism.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Acts
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons009: Gilbert Tennent sermons 9, "De Baptismo, sermon 2," 1743 or 1744 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons009: Gilbert Tennent sermons 9, "De Baptismo, sermon 2," 1743 or 1744. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.