Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons033 Gilbert Tennent sermons 33, "Sermo Sacramentalis" (Sacramental sermon), 1744
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 33, "Sermo Sacramentalis" (Sacramental sermon), 1744
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sacramental sermon by citing 1 Corinthians 11:26, "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come." From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1744, and delivered it again in 1759.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Corinthians, 1st
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons033: Gilbert Tennent sermons 33, "Sermo Sacramentalis" (Sacramental sermon), 1744 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons033: Gilbert Tennent sermons 33, "Sermo Sacramentalis" (Sacramental sermon), 1744. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.