Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons038 Gilbert Tennent sermons 38, "De Redemptione" (On Redemption), 1744
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 38, "De Redemptione" (On Redemption), 1744
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. The front cover of this manuscript lists three sermons, all on the subject of redemption, but it is not clear if there is more than one sermon present in the pages that survive. The first page is torn, but lists Galatians 3:13 and several other Bible verses. Other verses mentioned in the text include Luke 1:71, Galatians 3:13, and Hebrews 9:14.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Galatians
- Bible. Luke
- Bible. Hebrews
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons038: Gilbert Tennent sermons 38, "De Redemptione" (On Redemption), 1744 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons038: Gilbert Tennent sermons 38, "De Redemptione" (On Redemption), 1744. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.