Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons041 Gilbert Tennent sermons 41, "De Pace Conscientia" (On Peace of Conscience), 1744 or 1745
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 41, "De Pace Conscientia" (On Peace of Conscience), 1744 or 1745
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent wrote this sermon on a peaceful conscience in 1744, and begins by citing Ephesians 5:15, "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise." Note: Two more sermons are listed on the front cover, but only one looks to be present. It is possible this manuscript is a fragment.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Ephesians
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons041: Gilbert Tennent sermons 41, "De Pace Conscientia" (On Peace of Conscience), 1744 or 1745 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons041: Gilbert Tennent sermons 41, "De Pace Conscientia" (On Peace of Conscience), 1744 or 1745. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.