Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons047 Gilbert Tennent sermons 47, "Christus omnia in omnibus" (Christ is all, and in all), 1744
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 47, "Christus omnia in omnibus" (Christ is all, and in all), 1744
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon by citing Colossians 3:11, "Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all," and Colossians 1:19, "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell." From dates noted in the manuscript it appears that Tennent wrote this sermon in 1744, then delivered it again in 1747 and 1749.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Colossians
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons047: Gilbert Tennent sermons 47, "Christus omnia in omnibus" (Christ is all, and in all), 1744 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons047: Gilbert Tennent sermons 47, "Christus omnia in omnibus" (Christ is all, and in all), 1744. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.