Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons065 Gilbert Tennent sermons 65, "Sermo Valedictoria" (Farewell sermon), 1745
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 65, "Sermo Valedictoria" (Farewell sermon), 1745
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent delivered this farewell sermon in 1745, before leaving New Brunswick for Philadelphia. He begins the sermon by referencing Acts 20:31-32, "Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Acts
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons065: Gilbert Tennent sermons 65, "Sermo Valedictoria" (Farewell sermon), 1745 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons065: Gilbert Tennent sermons 65, "Sermo Valedictoria" (Farewell sermon), 1745. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.