Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons067 Gilbert Tennent sermons 67, "De ambulando in fide" (Walking in faith), 1745
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 67, "De ambulando in fide" (Walking in faith), 1745
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon on "walking in faith" in 1745, and delivered it again in 1747. He begins by citing 2 Corinthians 5:7 and Hebrews 2:4. Note: the title listed on the cover, "De Religione ut negotio," refers to a different sermon. The correct title is listed on the title page.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Corinthians, 2nd
- Bible. Hebrews
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons067: Gilbert Tennent sermons 67, "De ambulando in fide" (Walking in faith), 1745 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons067: Gilbert Tennent sermons 67, "De ambulando in fide" (Walking in faith), 1745. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.