Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons074 Gilbert Tennent sermons 74, "De Christi ut simili regi" (On Christ as a king), 1745
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 74, "De Christi ut simili regi" (On Christ as a king), 1745
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon, on the subject of Christ as a king, by citing two Bible verses, Revelation 7:14, and Revelation 15:3, "And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints." From dates noted in the manuscript it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1745, then delivered it again in 1747.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Revelation
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons074: Gilbert Tennent sermons 74, "De Christi ut simili regi" (On Christ as a king), 1745 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons074: Gilbert Tennent sermons 74, "De Christi ut simili regi" (On Christ as a king), 1745. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.