Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons076 Gilbert Tennent sermons 76, "Decimum precept" (On the tenth commandment), 1745
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 76, "Decimum precept" (On the tenth commandment), 1745
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. This manuscript contains two sermons, both on the subject of the tenth commandment (you shall not covet your neighbor's goods.) The two sermons were originally delivered one week apart in 1745. From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent delivered one or both of the sermons again in 1751, 1756, and 1761.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Ten commandments
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons076: Gilbert Tennent sermons 76, "Decimum precept" (On the tenth commandment), 1745 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons076: Gilbert Tennent sermons 76, "Decimum precept" (On the tenth commandment), 1745. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.