Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons087 Gilbert Tennent sermons 87, "De gratiarum actione" (On thanksgiving), 1746
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 87, "De gratiarum actione" (On thanksgiving), 1746
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon on thankfulness with reference to Ephesians 5:20, Psalms 103:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, and Psalms 50:14. From dates noted on the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1746, then delivered it again in 1756 and 1758.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Ephesians
- Bible. Psalms
- Bible. Thessalonians, 1st
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons087: Gilbert Tennent sermons 87, "De gratiarum actione" (On thanksgiving), 1746 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons087: Gilbert Tennent sermons 87, "De gratiarum actione" (On thanksgiving), 1746. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.