Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons088 Gilbert Tennent sermons 88, Sermon on Hebrews 13:5, 1746
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 88, Sermon on Hebrews 13:5, 1746
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent wrote this sermon on Hebrews 13:5, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1746, then delivered it again in 1749, 1751, 1753, 1756, 1758, and 1760.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Hebrews
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons088: Gilbert Tennent sermons 88, Sermon on Hebrews 13:5, 1746 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons088: Gilbert Tennent sermons 88, Sermon on Hebrews 13:5, 1746. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside back cover
11880_0009.tif (64.6 MB)
11880_0009_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
11880_0009_web.jpg (230.1 KB)