Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons098 Gilbert Tennent sermons 98, "De Patientia," (On patience), 1747
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 98, "De Patientia," (On patience), 1747
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon on the subject of patience by citing six Bible verses: Luke 21:19, 1 Thessalonians 5:14, 1 Timothy 6:11, James 5:11, Hebrews 10:36 and Hebrews 12:1. From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1747, then delivered it again in 1748, 1749, 1750 or 1751, 1752, 1759, 1763, and 1764.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Luke
- Bible. Thessalonians, 1st
- Bible. Timothy, 1st
- Bible. James
- Bible. Hebrews
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons098: Gilbert Tennent sermons 98, "De Patientia," (On patience), 1747 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons098: Gilbert Tennent sermons 98, "De Patientia," (On patience), 1747. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.