Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons100 Gilbert Tennent sermons 100, Sermon preached at ordination of John Prudden, 1747
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 100, Sermon preached at ordination of John Prudden, 1747
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent delivered this sermon at the ordination of Mr. John Prudden in Maidenhead, N.J. in 1747. He begins the sermon by citing 1 Timothy 4:16, "Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Timothy, 1st
- Ordination sermons
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons100: Gilbert Tennent sermons 100, Sermon preached at ordination of John Prudden, 1747 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons100: Gilbert Tennent sermons 100, Sermon preached at ordination of John Prudden, 1747. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.