Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons106 Gilbert Tennent sermons 106, "De Justitia" (On justice), 1748
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 106, "De Justitia" (On justice), 1748
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon, on the subject of justice, with references to Matthew 7:12 and Micah 6:8. From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1748, then delivered it again in 1750, 1752, and 1759.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Matthew
- Bible. Micah
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons106: Gilbert Tennent sermons 106, "De Justitia" (On justice), 1748 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons106: Gilbert Tennent sermons 106, "De Justitia" (On justice), 1748. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.