Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons115 Gilbert Tennent sermons 115, "De throno gratie" (On the throne of grace), 1748
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 115, "De throno gratie" (On the throne of grace), 1748
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon, "On the throne of grace," by citing Hebrews 4:16, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." He also cites Psalms 28:2, "Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle." From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1748, then delivered it again in 1750, 1755, 1758, and 1761.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Hebrews
- Bible. Psalms
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons115: Gilbert Tennent sermons 115, "De throno gratie" (On the throne of grace), 1748 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons115: Gilbert Tennent sermons 115, "De throno gratie" (On the throne of grace), 1748. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.