Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons119 Gilbert Tennent sermons 119, "De Lectione Scripture" (On reading scripture), 1750
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 119, "De Lectione Scripture" (On reading scripture), 1750
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent begins this sermon, on the subject of reading scripture, by citing Deuteronomy 17:19, Luke 4:16, and Revelation 1:3. From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1750, then delivered it again in 1752, 1756, 1760, and 1763.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Deuteronomy
- Bible. Luke
- Bible. Revelation
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons119: Gilbert Tennent sermons 119, "De Lectione Scripture" (On reading scripture), 1750 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons119: Gilbert Tennent sermons 119, "De Lectione Scripture" (On reading scripture), 1750. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.