Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons127 Gilbert Tennent sermons 127, "De Perseverantia Sanctorum" (The perseverance of the saints), 1750
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 127, "De Perseverantia Sanctorum" (The perseverance of the saints), 1750
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. "The perseverance of the saints" shares a title with an earlier sermon by Tennent, and may be a newer version of that one. Tennent begins this sermon with reference to John 11:26, John 10:27-28, and Romans 8:33 to the end of the chapter. From dates noted in the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1750, then delivered it again in 1756, 1759, and 1763.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. John
- Bible. Romans
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons127: Gilbert Tennent sermons 127, "De Perseverantia Sanctorum" (The perseverance of the saints), 1750 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons127: Gilbert Tennent sermons 127, "De Perseverantia Sanctorum" (The perseverance of the saints), 1750. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.