Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons143 Gilbert Tennent sermons 143, Sermon on Peter 1:19, 1757
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 143, Sermon on Peter 1:19, 1757
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent wrote this sermon on 2 Peter 1:19, "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn." From dates noted on the manuscript, it looks like Tennent wrote this sermon in 1757, then delivered it again in 1763.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Peter, 2nd
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons143: Gilbert Tennent sermons 143, Sermon on Peter 1:19, 1757 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons143: Gilbert Tennent sermons 143, Sermon on Peter 1:19, 1757. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside Front Cover
11934_0001.tif (13.8 MB)
11934_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
11934_0001_web.jpg (314.3 KB)