Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons151 Gilbert Tennent sermons 151, "De timore Dei" (On the fear of God), 1759
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 151, "De timore Dei" (On the fear of God), 1759
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent wrote this sermon, "On the fear of God," in 1759. He begins by citing Hebrews 11:7, "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons151: Gilbert Tennent sermons 151, "De timore Dei" (On the fear of God), 1759 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons151: Gilbert Tennent sermons 151, "De timore Dei" (On the fear of God), 1759. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside Front Cover
11942_0001.tif (20.7 MB)
11942_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
11942_0001_web.jpg (313.5 KB)