Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons158 Gilbert Tennent sermons 158, "De gratadine" (On gratitude), undated
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 158, "De gratadine" (On gratitude), undated
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. Tennent wrote this sermon on the subject of gratitude, and begins by citing Psalm 116:12, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me?" The manuscript is undated, but was likely written between 1743 and 1763.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Bible. Psalms
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons158: Gilbert Tennent sermons 158, "De gratadine" (On gratitude), undated are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons158: Gilbert Tennent sermons 158, "De gratadine" (On gratitude), undated. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.