Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons160 Gilbert Tennent sermons 160, "De ambulando in amore" (On walking in love), undated
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 160, "De ambulando in amore" (On walking in love), undated
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. This manuscript contains two sermons on the subject of love; both are undated, but it is likely that Tennent wrote them between 1743 and 1763. The first sermon begins with reference to Ephesians 5:2, "And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour." The second sermon begins with reference to Ephesians 3:19, "And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons160: Gilbert Tennent sermons 160, "De ambulando in amore" (On walking in love), undated are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons160: Gilbert Tennent sermons 160, "De ambulando in amore" (On walking in love), undated. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside Back Cover
11951_0028.tif (13.0 MB)
11951_0028_thumb.jpg (4.5 KB)
11951_0028_web.jpg (363.5 KB)