Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.TennentSermons162 Gilbert Tennent sermons 162, Fragments and notes, circa 1743-1763
TitleGilbert Tennent sermons 162, Fragments and notes, circa 1743-1763
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Gilbert Tennent (1703-1764) was an Irish-American Presbyterian clergyman, and one of the leaders of the Great Awakening. This manuscript includes fragments of Tennent's sermons and his copious notes on many Biblical subjects. The manuscript is undated, but it is likely that the various components date from 1743 to 1763.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Great Awakening
- Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons162: Gilbert Tennent sermons 162, Fragments and notes, circa 1743-1763 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.TennentSermons162: Gilbert Tennent sermons 162, Fragments and notes, circa 1743-1763. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.