Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.ThirdPresbyterianChurchCalltoRevGeorgeDuffield1771_32_53 Call to Rev. George Duffield, 1771
TitleCall to Rev. George Duffield, 1771
- Third Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/140838460)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
- local-identifier: Map Case 32.53
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Following a majority vote by the congregation, the subscribers of Third Presbyterian wrote to Reverend George Duffield requesting he become their new pastor. The letter, dated August 9, 1771, offers him an annual salary of 200 pounds. Duffield accepted the call, and served as pastor at Third Presbyterian until his death in 1790. Duffield also served as chaplain of the Continental Congress during the American Revolutionary War.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Religious leaders
- Presbyterian Church
- Third Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Duffield, George, 1732-1790
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.ThirdPresbyterianChurchCalltoRevGeorgeDuffield1771_32_53: Call to Rev. George Duffield, 1771 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.ThirdPresbyterianChurchCalltoRevGeorgeDuffield1771_32_53: Call to Rev. George Duffield, 1771. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.