Collection ID: 0036 | Metadata type: TEI | |
PHS.ThirdPresbyterianChurchDeed1772_7_6 Deed, 1765, 1772
TitleDeed, 1765, 1772
- Third Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/140838460)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Presbyterian Historical Society)
- local-identifier: Map Case 7.61
PublisherPresbyterian Historical Society
Deed granted by Thomas and Richard Penn to "Members of the Congregation belonging to the old Presbyterian Meeting House," naming in particular William Allen, John Allen, George Bryan, William Humphries, John Mease, Peter Chevalier and Samuel Purviance, for a new lot at 4th and Pine Streets. The congregation had grown too numerous for the existing house and grounds of First Presbyterian. John Penn, the Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania, witnessed the deed in 1765. On the reverse side, the above-named congregants deeded the land and newly built church to "The Committee of the united first and third Presbyterian churches in the city of Philadelphia" in 1772.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Presbyterian Church
- Third Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.ThirdPresbyterianChurchDeed1772_7_6: Deed, 1765, 1772 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Presbyterian Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Presbyterian Historical Society PHS.ThirdPresbyterianChurchDeed1772_7_6: Deed, 1765, 1772. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.