Collection ID: 0045 | Metadata type: TEI | |
StPeter.RentRoll1838-1840 Pew rent account book, 1838-1840
TitlePew rent account book, 1838-1840
- St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/134975115)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, St. Peter's Episcopal Church)
PublisherSt. Peter's Episcopal Church
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript contains the pew rentals for St. Peter's Episcopal Church from 1838 to 1840. Each listing includes pew number, name of renter, number of seats rented, seat rate, arrears, and total paid.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Church finance
- Pews and pew rights
- Church records and registers
- Church history
- St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- Account books
- 19th century
- These images and the content of St. Peter's Episcopal Church StPeter.RentRoll1838-1840: Pew rent account book, 1838-1840 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, St. Peter's Church of Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about St. Peter's Episcopal Church StPeter.RentRoll1838-1840: Pew rent account book, 1838-1840. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside Front Cover
9560_0001.tif (140.1 MB)
9560_0001_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
9560_0001_web.jpg (146.3 KB)