Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 180 Item 6 Jean Sirven documents concerning the steel industry
TitleJean Sirven documents concerning the steel industry
- Sirven, Jean
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Other related names
- Le Peletier Des Forts, Michel-Robert, 1675-1740, addressee (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2010093848)
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no00004988)
- Stanitz, John D, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no89002502)
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79055106)
Call numberLJS 180 Item 6
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
4 related documents tied together with ribbon: the first is a letter written after November 1728 to the contrôleur général des finances (position held by Michel-Robert Le Peletier Des Forts, 1726-1730), signed by Jean Sirven, in which he reviews the history of his privilege to manufacture steel, originally granted by Louis XV in 1716, and introduces the attached documents. Attached are a report by Pierre Joseph Doucet, representative of the intendant of the department of Vienne, on a visit in November 1728 to Sirven's operation; a copy of a record of a payment made by Le Peletier des Forts to Sirven in March 1728, with a signature by Sirven attesting to the accuracy of the copy; and a copy of an order for a payment to be made to Sirven in January 1728, with a signature by Sirven attesting to the accuracy of the copy.
Extent1 item (5 leaves)
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Steel industry and trade--France--History--18th century
- Steel industry and trade
- Technology--Early works to 1800
- France--History--Louis XV, 1715-1774
- Manuscripts, European
- Early works
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 180 Item 6: Jean Sirven documents concerning the steel industry are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries, Lawrence J. Schoenberg Manuscripts has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 180 Item 6: Jean Sirven documents concerning the steel industry. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.