Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 310 Map of district in Tarn-et-Garonne
TitleMap of district in Tarn-et-Garonne
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Call numberLJS 310
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript map in color on parchment of a district in the southwestern department of Tarn-et-Garonne, between Castelsarrasin, Castelferrus, and the Cistercian monastery of Belleperche, possibly to illustrate water rights between Castelferrus and Castelsarrasin. The Garonne River is depicted with bridges, mill, sandbanks, and ferry points. Buildings are illustrated in some detail and labeled by a contemporary hand. Probably made in Castelferrus between 1460 and 1545. Creased by past folds, now framed under glass.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on 17 September 2013).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 630 x 700 mm.
Extent1 online resource (1 leaf) :
- Originally owned by Jean Rollet, seigneur de Castelferrus.
- Formerly owned by a Swiss collector; sold via Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, July 1999.
- Appears in Simon Finch's cat. 8 (1991), no. 68.
- Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800--Specimens
- Water rights--France
- Tarn-et-Garonne (France)
- Early maps
- Pictorial maps
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- 15th century
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 310: Map of district in Tarn-et-Garonne are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.